Book Reviewers

From: Eric Redmond <eric(dot)redmond(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Book Reviewers
Date: 2012-01-20 05:49:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Dear PostgreSQL,

TL;DR: I need a technical reviewer or two. Possibly a quote.

I've spent the past year writing a book called "Seven Databases in Seven Weeks", inspired by the book "Seven Languages in Seven Weeks." In it, we cover (you guessed it) seven databases across the spectrum of database styles. The list is, in order:

PostgreSQL
Riak
HBase
MongoDB
CouchDB
Neo4j
Redis

Since the first chapter is PostgreSQL, it needs to be the best and most engaging. It also needs to be the most accurate (yeah, they all need to be accurate, but this needs to be extra correct). So before we slap a sticker that says "done" on this book, I'd like a couple volunteers to review the book. I'm posting in advocacy, because I think this is probably equal parts tech review, and a chance to let people know that psql still has a huge presence, and a lot of awesome things to provide, in this world of NoSQL.

Thanks,

Eric Redmond
http://mongohq.com
http://crudcomic.com