Question for you about a Postgres dev role I am trying to fill ~ Crystal Richardson ~ ProDX

From: "Crystal Richardson" <CRichardson(at)prodx(dot)com>
To: <pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question for you about a Postgres dev role I am trying to fill ~ Crystal Richardson ~ ProDX
Date: 2009-08-25 22:57:01
Lists: pdxpug

Hi, would there be any way to get this info out to your group of folks?
Please feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Crystal

28390
Sr. Database Developer
3 month contract
Portland, OR

Our client is a seeking a Senior Developer to update and improve their
database using PostgreSQL and PHP. This project involves the improvement
of existing production PostgreSQL database which are business-critical
web application databases.

The Database Developer is a position requiring 8+ years of experience in
software development, at least 4 of which have been in open source
database technologies. The candidate must have demonstrated expert level
database programming experience supporting Web Applications.

Creatively and expertly design and produce Postgres / SQL based
capabilities in middle and backend tiers of an end-to-end application
system.

Produce robust, efficient, effective code for applications that interact
with Internet users.

Provide a high degree of proficiency in contributing to highly
collaborative solution development scenarios with the development team
and program/design/debug applications using techniques listed above.

Consider and/or develop flexible, extensible, and/or creative methods
for database development.

Integrate with configuration management methodologies and techniques,
including branching and merging.

Develop unit-testing scenarios to exercise a Framework application to
simulate environmental failures and code failures.

Required Skill Set:

Knowledge of, and skill in, applying

PostgreSQL 8.x

PHP
JavaScript

MVC architecture
XML/JSON
XHTM
CSS
jQuery
Ajax

Subversion

Desired Skill Set:

Knowledge of and skill in applying

Dojo toolkit
Zend Framework

ProDX is one of the Pacific Northwest's largest locally-owned technical
staffing and recruitment firms offering a full range of benefits
including health, dental and vision to its employees. We have a diverse
client base in Oregon and Washington offering contract and direct-hire
positions at some of the most recognized companies in the world. Why
work with ProDX? We have the opportunities and expertise to get you the
next position you want! Over the past ten years, we have helped
thousands of job seekers obtain employment. Give us a call and we can
help you too.

Thank you

Crystal

Crystal Richardson
Sr. Technical Recruiter
ProDX a business unit of CorSource Technology, Inc.
14795 SW Murray Scholls Drive
Suite 201
Beaverton, OR 97007
Phone: (503) 726-4616
Toll Free: (800) 545-6375 ext 4616
Fax: (503) 726-4601
Email: crichardson(at)prodx(dot)com
Website: www.prodx.com

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this e-mail message and
any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this
message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.