Re: Vote on Windows installer links

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Date: 2009-07-09 07:42:13
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Selena Deckelmann<selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> One option I have pursued is getting a developer network license from
> Microsoft donated to PostgreSQL. The idea is that a Windows dev would get
> access to all versions of windows and all updates going forward.
> Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out yet.

I already have that, provided by EDB specifically for my community
work. I use it for buildfarm members, testing, debugging and more.
Some may remember a nasty process permissions bug that cropped up a
while back which was solved after a great deal of back and forth
between me and one of Microsoft's development support people, to whom
we wouldn't have had access without the MSDN subscription or paying
through the nose for a one-off incident.

--
Dave Page