Re: Server Status window work

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server Status window work
Date: 2009-02-26 10:01:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> Fixed with your "truly horrible kludge". The wxTimer is set to half a
> second, and it doesn't enough on Mac. Maybe 400ms would be better.

Doesn't seem too bad to me - my guess was originally for 250ms though.

> Done. I finally understood what's in the perspective. I finally found
> editing the string manually was a better way.

Yeah, I often do that.

> I still didn't change the listview with a textbox for the Logfile pane.
> It's a big work and I would prefer to finish this one before doing the
> change.
>
> See the attached patch.

Now we're cookin' :-). This is much more usable. There are still some
minor issues - let's get these sorted and get it into SVN. We can fix
anything else that crops up from there. Today's testing was performed
on OS X.

- Do we still need all the OnSel... event handlers?

- The log controls (combo box/button) only get activated if a log line
is selected. The should be active whenever the pane is active (if the
log is empty - you can't choose another for example!).

- The cancel query button remained active even when I had selected the log pane.

- The default layout still needs a small tweak. The attached
screenshot is what I get if I remove all frmStatus settings (except
the timers) from the prefs file.

There is also still something weird going on with the Default View
option. Once it's in SVN I'll check that some more as it may be
related to the fact that we don't have the SVN revision in the right
places in frmStatus.h yet.

Tell me - why do you always pick the difficult jobs to work on? :-p

--
Dave Page

Attachment Content-Type Size
Picture 1.png image/png 101.8 KB