Re: PGCon 2008 RFP

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "PostgreSQL Advocacy" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGCon 2008 RFP
Date: 2008-12-29 20:47:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org> wrote:

> <fairy tale>
> If we have enough volunteers: speakers will be accosted in the
> lecture hall just before their talk. The attacker will have a USB drive
> and will not let the presenter speak until they supply a copy of the slides.
> </fairy tale>

For the lightning talks at PG EU, I badgered everyone into supplying
their slides a few days before the event. My motive in that instance
was to ensure that they all worked and were ready to run on a single
machine, but it worked.

We also managed to get all the slides in advance or on the day for PG
UK - they were on the wiki the following morning. I forget what type
of carrot/whip we used that time.

--
Dave Page