Re: Presenting groups

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Jean-Paul Argudo" <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
Cc: "Koen Martens" <gmc(at)sonologic(dot)nl>, "PostgreSQL EU General" <pgsql-eu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Presenting groups
Date: 2008-07-17 13:58:52
Lists: pgeu-general

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Jean-Paul Argudo
<jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org> wrote:

> Everyone is indeed free to participate, I just suggested small groups as
> an opposition to this mailing-list, pgsql-eu-general.

That makes perfect sense of course.

> I also think there won't be more that 2-6 persons working on each group
> at a same time, since I'm part of a national PUG for some years, I know
> how those things works.

Maybe, maybe not. Many of the groups on the main project are larger
(funds, advocacy, www). As we grow in Europe, so will the groups.

> Maybe the Sponsorship and Institutions, or Accounting may keep things a
> bit more private, between the board of directors or some other trusted
> people? I don't know why exactly yet but I see some points already.

Oh, absolutely. That's why groups like -core and -sysadmins are closed.

> So far, how many people participated in this thread? :-/

Ahh, well - you just need a snappier subject line. Try something like:

FREE BEER!!!!!! (and Presenting Groups)

:-p

>> I agree with having people act as leaders in each area. They need to
>> be decision makers, and be able to lead discussions which go off
>> track.
>
> Ok. So, as an artificial conclusion, I think we agree on yet everything. :-)

Pretty much :-)

--
Dave Page