Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog
Date: 2008-07-09 10:54:42
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> The last patch I sent works on GTK+. When I try it on Windows, it works for
> dlgFunction and dlgTrigger and doesn't with all other dlg*. I tried to
> understand what could be wrong with dlgDatabase. dlgFunction already has a
> wxFlexGridSizer on the .xrc file. The wxFlexGridSizer contains the notebook.
> So, what I did is adding another wxFlexGridSizer in dlgDatabase.xrc and a
> few other widgets to make it look like the dlgFunction.xrc file. See the
> patch attached. This is a quick and dirty patch... it adds Apply and Help
> buttons that are not handled, it also adds a style tag (for the wxDialog)
> which is not necessary. Anyways, with this new component on the xrc file, it
> works on Windows.

OK, with your v5 patch, plus the XRC patch it seems to work nicely on the Mac.

Yay :-)

So, I think the way forward is to start on your planned rewrite of the
XRC files. One thought - should we add sizing to all dialogs for
consistency? That will mean having to size the controls on every pane,
but I think that would be sensible anyway (and probably not that
difficult once the first couple are done.

What do you think?

--
Dave Page