Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog
Date: 2008-07-09 07:41:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

(apologies for not reviewing the latest patch yet - we moved offices
on Monday so I've been tied up with that for the last few days)

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> I worked on the remaining issue tonight and it seems I can fix it this way:
> I add a wxFlexGridSizer and a few sizers on the .xrc file. It works well on
> the Linux and on the Win32 plateforms (I only check with dlgDatabase.xrc
> file). If I'm right, this means I need to add these widgets on each
> properties' dialog that doesn't already have them (all but functions and
> trigger' ones).

I don't understand what you mean. The SQL tab is programmatically
added to each dialogue, so what do you propose to add the sizer to in
the XRC files?

Besides, anything that is added via an XRC file should be possible
through C++ (the XRC files are translated to C++ in fact), so we
shouldn't need to hack any XRC files and should able to continue with
the current implementation in the base class.

It seems to me that this is taking far too long to solve what should
be a simple problem. Where are we going wrong? I need to try to find
some time to look at this in more depth.

--
Dave Page