Re: Comments on a separate tab?

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Comments on a separate tab?
Date: 2008-06-16 07:54:13
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

>> I'm sure I'll complain quickly enough :-p
>
> I hope so :)

Hmm, here we go then (having tried the patch) :-(

- On a purely personal level, I'm not sure I like it. I think the
dialogues in general were much more aesthetically pleasing with the
comments at the bottom of the main section of the dialogues.

- On the table and function dialogues, we have an issue because the
number of tabs is so wide that they extend off the page on OS X (which
doesn't seem to have a nice way to scroll tab like Windows/GTK). That
was becoming an issue anyway, but this patch makes it worse.

- You missed some dialogues, eg. dlgTablespace. I think you already
spotted that though :-p

- Property dialogues should all be the same size (the accepted
exceptions being dlgTable which is bigger through necessity, and
dlgFunction/dlgTrigger/dlgPackage which are resizable to accomodate
editing of code). See
http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/branches/REL-1_2_0_PATCHES/pgadmin3/docs/en_US/prop_page_design.html
(which needs to be resurrected).

I wonder if effort in this area would be better expended on starting
the table dialogue redesign, as that should be the only one that
causes problems on your laptop screen.

--
Dave Page