Re: Behavioral issues in data grid: unsaved data, sort/filter

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Erwin Brandstetter" <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Behavioral issues in data grid: unsaved data, sort/filter
Date: 2008-05-02 11:03:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Erwin,

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Erwin Brandstetter
<brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at> wrote:
> - Do not warn, if data has not changed

OK, that's the hard one. I don't know how we can do that without some
fairly extensive work. I'll add it to the todo list. On the plus side,
that's an annoyance, not a data loss bug.

> - Do warn, if data has changed. Not only at attempts to close the window,
> but also on any attempt to requery, including sort/filter.

I've committed a patch that should fix this.

> While being at it, requery _every_ time [OK] is clicked - as opposed to
> [Cancel] - in the sort/filter dialog.
> It is futile to check for changes in filter/sort, as the underlying data
> may have changed, and it is confusing if a meaningless whitespace makes all
> the difference.
> The user can always click [Cancel] if he does not want to requery.

That's more of a debatable change but I think you're correct and have
committed the change.

Thanks, Dave.

--
Dave Page