New REL-1_8_0_EDB branch in SVN

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New REL-1_8_0_EDB branch in SVN
Date: 2008-02-25 15:21:44
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

As most of you know, my work in pgAdmin is sponsored by EnterpriseDB,
who also provide our development server. We are using pgAdmin as the
administration tool in upcoming versions of EnterpriseDB Advanced
Server which is why our QA team have been passing me all sorts of
weird buglets to fix over the last few months.

We have some additional features we require in a version of pgAdmin
based on 1.8.x. Obviously these new features cannot go into the normal
stable branch, and we do not want to be shipping development code
either, so I have created /branches/REL-1_8_0_EDB in SVN which will
contain this custom build of pgAdmin. All new features going into this
branch will also be added to SVN trunk for use by community members in
future releases. This branch will not contain any features or changes
to pgAdmin that would change it's primary focus away from pure
PostgreSQL, or that I wouldn't have accepted into SVN trunk anyway.

I do not expect anyone else to commit patches or updated translations
to this branch; I will be solely responsible for it - however, I
certainly won't complain if anyone does apply any bug fixes or
translation updates there (but no new features please!) :-)

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to air them!

--
Dave Page
pgAdmin Project Lead