Re: BUG #3980: Can not Install PostgreSQL - error at the end of installation

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Miroslav Nachev" <miro(at)space-comm(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3980: Can not Install PostgreSQL - error at the end of installation
Date: 2008-02-24 10:49:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Miroslav Nachev <miro(at)space-comm(dot)com> wrote:

> I try with Administrator account. Then with PostgreSQL account which has
> Administrators access, then I add Administrators access to my my own
> account. All time the same result.

OK, let's go back to basics in that case. 8.3 should work fine with
UAC turned on, so please don't change that at the moment. What's the
exact messages when you see the failure? Does it refer you to an
initdb logfile? If so let's have a look at it (you *must* copy it out
before you click OK on the messagebox).

Failing that, please run the installer with the logging option enabled
on the first screen (the language selection one), and send the
resulting log.

--
Dave Page
The Oracle-compatible database company