Re: BUG #3897: plJava dll still doesn't load for 8.3RC2

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "David JL Gradwell" <David(at)gradwell(dot)com>
Cc: "Kris Jurka" <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3897: plJava dll still doesn't load for 8.3RC2
Date: 2008-01-25 11:32:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Jan 25, 2008 11:08 AM, David JL Gradwell <David(at)gradwell(dot)com> wrote:

> I also noticed whilst I was doing the original 8.3rc2 install that I could
> not specify PL/Java as a language to enable in the default database - see
> screenshot.

Ahh - now that's most likely the problem. The installer only enables
the plJava checkbox if it finds a JVM in the path - and if it can't,
most likely the server can't either.

Track down your copy of jvm.dll, add the directory to the system path,
and then restart the machine to ensure that the updated path gets
picked up by PostgreSQL (I'm not sure if just restarting Postgres will
work).

Regards, Dave