Re: Election for board of directors

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Election for board of directors
Date: 2008-01-14 11:57:59
Lists: pgeu-general

On 14/01/2008, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de> wrote:
> How would you ensure that nobody get's two ballots into the box?

Have the people manning the table issue numbered papers to people when
the check their ID. Or ask folks to pre-register for a paper by email
so they can be pre-printed. I don't see that it needs to be a secret
ballot.

> For
> counting the ballots we need some time anyway. So we decided to take
> half a hour from the schedule and use this time for the election. We can
> check the ID before and even hand out the ballots, that should not be
> a problem. But i want some eyewitness for the election ;-)

Eyewitnesses can be arranged anyway... but, I don't feel strongly
about this - it was just a thought.

/D