Re: A new feature patch and a bug fix

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A new feature patch and a bug fix
Date: 2008-01-09 12:13:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Guillaume,

On 22/12/2007, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> I've finally done it. It's the first time I create a new dialog, so it
> probably need some tweaks. I attached the patch and a tar.gz file for
> the new files.

Finally, some feedback for you!!

- In pgRole::ReassignDropOwnedTo, objets should be objects.

- In pgRole::ReassignDropOwnedTo an error should be raised if the
connection cannot be opened.

- The database selection in dlgReassignDropOwned should respect the DB
restriction setting for the server.

- Remember to append a 'd' to all size/position values in XRC files to
denote cross-platform friendly dialog units.

- The dialog needs some work. Get yourself a copy of XRCed - it will
help enormously. Try to keep the layout and sizing in line with other
dialogues. Use sizers to keep everything in line rather than absolute
positioning (new dialogues do this, older ones might not). It's a bit
fiddly until you get the hang of them, but it does make things much
easier to get right across platforms.

Thanks, Dave