Re: Table rewrites vs. pending AFTER triggers

From: "Gokulakannan Somasundaram" <gokul007(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <adunstan(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table rewrites vs. pending AFTER triggers
Date: 2008-01-03 07:04:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there why we allow DDLs inside a transaction and allow it to be rolled
back? If we commit the previous transaction, as soon as we encounter a DDL,
and commit the DDL too (without waiting for commit) will it be affecting
some use cases?

I actually mean to say that DDLs can be declared as self-committing. That
would get rid of these exceptions.

Am i missing something?

Thanks,
Gokul.