Re: Clarification on a Time travel feature

From: "Gokulakannan Somasundaram" <gokul007(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Clarification on a Time travel feature
Date: 2007-10-31 10:36:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This is the complete question.

Hi,
I went through the mailing list and couldn't get answer to the question.

a) Is there a proposal in place for going back in time within a transaction?

I am thinking of some functionality like this.

BEGIN
select ... (command id 1)
update ... (command id 10)
..

select ... as of command id 1.

END;

b) I know time travel doesn't allow to change the details of the past. But
is it possible to provide an alternative to rollback
by means of changing the data with older command id.

But i just want to clarify once more that i am restricting the scope of time
travel within a transaction..

Thanks,
Gokul.
CertoSQL Project,