Re: simple make check failures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jonathan Scott <jwscott(at)vanten(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: simple make check failures
Date: 2004-02-26 05:17:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jonathan Scott <jwscott(at)vanten(dot)com> writes:
> When using the current head of pgsql, I find four errors when running "make check". They are all of the same nature, basically that the expected.out file has "syntax error", where as psql is saying "parse error".

What bison version are you using? That was a bison change a few revs
back.

I'm actually surprised that CVS tip builds at all with a bison that
predates that change. We are stressing bison because the grammar
is so large. You really need bison 1.875 or later. (I think configure
will warn about it if your bison is older, but the warning is easy to
miss in the voluminous configure chatter :-()