Desktop and xpm file in Centos 5 compile

From: Rudi Schmitz <rudischmitz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Desktop and xpm file in Centos 5 compile
Date: 2009-09-16 17:47:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

I am trying to figure out what files I need to edit to get the
pgadmin3.desktop file to install under gnome (/usr/share/application) when I
am compiling my own pgadmin centos rpm.
I have all the necessary dependencies for pgadmin installed.

Here are the steps I take.

1. svn co svn://svn.pgadmin.org/trunk/pgadmin3 pgadmin3
2. cd pgadmin3
3. bash bootstrap
4. ./configure
5. make
6. checkinstall -R make install

Checkinstall makes the rpm fine but it does not put in the .desktop file
under /usr/share/applications.

If on step 6, I just do a "make install" it doesn't copy over the .desktop
file either, so it's not checkinstall causing this.