GIS and postgresql

From: Randy Long <rlong(at)msce(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: GIS and postgresql
Date: 2005-12-21 16:24:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all. This is my first post after being on the mailing list for a while. I
use GIS a lot and have been tinkering with Personal GEODB(ESRI ARCGIS 9.1).
I am taking a class next semster on ESRI's Spatial Database Engine(SDE) on
Windows SQL SERVER and am trying to lear a lot more on Enterprise GEODB. I
have read that POSTGRESQL is prolly the best Open Source DB for Spatial DB.
I looked at the books list on the site, and I can't seem to find any books
or literature on topic of POST and GEODB. I am patiently looking through the
archives and am finding nothing. If anyone could point me in the right
direction, that would be much appreciated.

TIA,

Randy Long
GIS/CAD Technician
Mackay and Somps