Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table

From: Vik Fearing <vik(dot)fearing(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table
Date: 2020-01-08 21:23:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 05/01/2020 13:50, Vik Fearing wrote:
> Okay, now that I see your tests, I understand why everything is broken.
> You only test FROM-TO and with a really wide interval.  There are no
> tests for AS OF and no tests for BETWEEN-AND.

I have started working on some better test cases for you.  The attached
.sql and .out tests should pass, and they are some of the tests that
I'll be putting your next version through.  There are many more tests
that need to be added.

Once all the desired functionality is there, I'll start reviewing the
code itself.

Keep up the good work, and let me know if I can do anything to help you.

--

Vik Fearing

Attachment Content-Type Size
system_versioned_table.sql application/sql 5.8 KB
system_versioned_table.out text/plain 9.5 KB