Re: Add option --drop-cascade for pg_dump/restore

From: Haotian Wu <whtsky(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <htamfids(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add option --drop-cascade for pg_dump/restore
Date: 2021-07-02 06:40:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I agree that —drop-cascade does not make sense for pg_dumpall, so I removed them.

> are we expecting more things to appear after the semi-colon?

No, I was just trying to “reuse” original statement as much as possible. Append “\n” manually should also do the job, and I’ve updated the patch as you suggests.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-pg_dump-restore-add-drop-cascade-option.patch application/octet-stream 14.1 KB