Another permissions question

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Another permissions question
Date: 2008-08-27 17:38:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

Greetings,

I'm running PostgreSQL 8.2.3 in a zone on a Solaris 10 box. This is
an academic environment, so the way we usually do things is to set up
a database with the students username owned by the student. There
are cases where we have faculty research databases. They are named
for the project and database and tables are owned by postgres.
Because I have to set up student databases and occasionally have to
test how things work, I have a database with my user name that I
own. We put up a new server on a solaris 10 zone for a faculty
research project. I created the database with postgres as the owner
and the owner of all the tables on our database server. The new
server is where apache and php with run. I tested and from the new
server I can connect to the database using psql. I can't, however,
once connect see any of the tables. I changed the privileges on my
personal database to match the ones on this research database and I
can still see and browse those tables. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carol Walter