Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Petr Jelinek <petr(dot)jelinek(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences
Date: 2022-03-10 11:07:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 23.02.22 00:24, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> Here's an updated version of the patch, fixing most of the issues from
> reviews so far. There's still a couple FIXME comments, but I think those
> are minor and/or straightforward to deal with.

This patch needs a rebase because of a conflict in
expected/publication.out. In addition, see the attached fixup patch to
get the pg_dump tests passing (and some other stuff).

028_sequences.pl should be renamed to 029, since there is now another 028.

In psql, the output of \dRp and \dRp+ is inconsistent. The former shows

All tables | All sequences | Inserts | Updates | Deletes | Truncates |
Sequences | Via root

the latter shows

All tables | All sequences | Inserts | Updates | Deletes | Sequences |
Truncates | Via root

I think the first order is the best one.

That's all for now, I'll come back with more reviewing later.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-fixup-Add-support-for-decoding-sequences-to-built-in.patch text/plain 2.6 KB