Re: PATCH: Fail to restore table/function, if it has special characters.

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dave(dot)page(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Fail to restore table/function, if it has special characters.
Date: 2010-03-19 06:10:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Please find the attached patch for REL_1_10_PATCHES branches and updated
patch for the trunk (with few tab characters to 4 spaces.)

--

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise Postgres Company<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 8:02 PM, Dave Page <dave(dot)page(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Ashesh Vashi
> <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > The bug was also there for the windows. :-(
> > I had to modify the commandLineCleanOption function to resolve the issue
> and
> > to make it platform-independent.
> >
> > Please find the attached patch for the same.
> > I have made changes in the following files as described:
> > * include/utils/misc.h
> > - Changed the definition of the "commandLineCleanOption" function
> > * utils/misc.cpp
> > - Changed the "commandLineCleanOption" function to make it work on any
> > platform.
> > /**
> > * FUNCTION: commandLineCleanOption
> > * INPUTS:
> > * option - input string needs to be reformatted
> > * schemaObject - Is this an object related to schema?
> > * PURPOSE:
> > * - Fixup a (double-quoted) string for use on the command line
> > *
> > * 1. Schema objects needs three (slash & double-quote) combination
> > * instead of a double-quote to be used as a command-line option
> > * 2. Options other than the schema objects needs (slash &
> double-quote)
> > * combination instead of a double-quote to be used as a
> command-line
> > * option.
> > *
> > * i.e. CASE: Dump a table named em"p and database name tes"t having
> > username
> > * xy\z. The command-line arguments for these values will be as
> > below:
> > *
> > * pg_dump --username "xy\\z" --table public."em\"\"\"p" "tes\"t"
> > */
> > The above comments says everything about its implementation.
> > * frm/frmBackup.cpp
> > * frm/frmBackupGlobals.cpp
> > * frm/frmBackupServer.cpp
> > * frm/frmRestore.cpp
> > Dave,
> > In order the solve this issue on 1_10_PATCHES branch, we may need to do
> the
> > similar refactoring.
> > Is it ok?
> > If yes, I can share the patch for the same.
>
> Please do.
>

> --
> Dave Page
> PG East Conference:
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do

Attachment Content-Type Size
FB14805_1_10_PATCHES_v3.patch application/octet-stream 8.3 KB
FB14805_v3.patch application/octet-stream 8.4 KB