Re: Transparent column encryption

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Transparent column encryption
Date: 2022-11-28 14:05:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 23.11.22 19:39, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Here is another updated patch.  Some preliminary work was committed,
> which allowed this patch to get a bit smaller.  I have incorporated some
> recent reviews, and also fixed some issues pointed out by recent CI
> additions (address sanitizer etc.).
>
> The psql situation in this patch is temporary: It still has the \gencr
> command from previous versions, but I plan to fold this into the new
> \bind command.

I made a bit of progress with this now, based on recent reviews:

- Cleaned up the libpq API. PQexecParams() now supports column
encryption transparently.
- psql \bind can be used; \gencr is removed.
- Added psql \dcek and \dcmk commands.
- ALTER COLUMN MASTER KEY to alter realm.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v12-0001-Transparent-column-encryption.patch text/plain 367.2 KB