Re: Built-in CTYPE provider

From: Jeremy Schneider <schneider(at)ardentperf(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Built-in CTYPE provider
Date: 2024-01-10 07:35:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1/9/24 2:31 PM, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Tue, 2024-01-09 at 14:17 -0800, Jeremy Schneider wrote:
>> I think we missed something in psql, pretty sure I applied all the
>> patches but I see this error:
>>
>> =# \l
>> ERROR:  42703: column d.datlocale does not exist
>> LINE 8:   d.datlocale as "Locale",
>>

> Thank you. I'll fix this in the next patch set.

Very minor nitpick/request. Not directly with this patch set but with
the category_test which is related and also recently committed.

I'm testing out "make update-unicode" scripts, and due to my system ICU
version being different from the PostgreSQL unicode version I get the
expected warnings from category_test:

Postgres Unicode Version: 15.1
ICU Unicode Version: 14.0
Skipped 5116 codepoints unassigned in ICU due to Unicode version mismatch.
category_test: All tests successful!

I know it's minor, but I saw the 5116 skipped codepoints and saw "all
tests succeeded" but I thought the output might be a little nicer if we
showed the count of tests that succeeded. For example:

Postgres Unicode Version: 15.1
ICU Unicode Version: 14.0
Skipped 5116 codepoints unassigned in ICU due to Unicode version mismatch.
category_test: All 1108996 tests successful!

It's a minor tweak to a script that I don't think even runs in the
standard build; any objections? Patch attached.

-Jeremy

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Output-count-of-checked-codepoints.patch text/plain 1.4 KB