Re: autovacuum?

From: "George Pavlov" <gpavlov(at)mynewplace(dot)com>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, "Hank Hsiung" <hankh(at)telepaq(dot)com>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "CF Wang" <cfw(at)telepaq(dot)com>, "TimC" <TimC(at)telepaq(dot)com>
Subject: Re: autovacuum?
Date: 2006-05-19 19:16:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

> What else should I do to make it happen?
>
> If you look in your logs, you should see something like:
> May 17 13:24:49 fritz postgres[13852]: [3-1] LOG:
> autovacuum: processing database "postgres"

Not sure why this thread is on pgadmin-support (general would be a
better place for it), but do note that as far as I know the log lines
you are referring to only indicate that autovacuum is processing the
database to see if it needs vacuuming -- there may not be any actual
vacuuming going on, because of, for example, your entries in the
pg_autovacuum system table.