Re: Query regarding Infinite Cache

From: <Mamatha_Kagathi_Chan(at)DELL(dot)com>
To: <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query regarding Infinite Cache
Date: 2011-08-05 11:52:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

Thanks Peter. It works .

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Geoghegan [mailto:peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 4:54 PM
To: Chan, Mamatha Kagathi
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Query regarding Infinite Cache

Hi Mamatha,

On 4 August 2011 13:11, <Mamatha_Kagathi_Chan(at)dell(dot)com> wrote:
> I am basically an Oracle user and now I am exploring PostgreSQL. I have
> successfully configured the server. Now if I want to access that server from
> my machine, what is the process?? Is it like Oracle where I will have to
> install the client or the concept is entirely different? Please help me in
> setting up a client access on my machine(different from server machine)
> using Psql for instance.

These sorts of questions are generally better handled by the
pgsql-general mailing list.

However, you'll have to:

1) Make a pg_hba.conf entry for the machine you'll be connecting from.

2) Set listen_addresses to listen on some IP or '*', rather than just
on localhost.

3) Possibly make a new firewall rule.

I hope that helps