Re: How to run PostgreSQL?

From: Jan Muhammad <janmuhd(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Andy Shellam <andy-lists(at)networkmail(dot)eu>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to run PostgreSQL?
Date: 2009-05-07 16:44:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Andy,

Thanks indeed for detailed response.

Infact, I have suffered many times due to latest versions & their dependecy/compatibility issues (not with PostgreSQL but other softwares). Thats why I have chosen bit older version.

Anyways, now what you suggest? Should I download/reinstall 8.3.7? I wonder if it could run successfully.

One thing more, I'm interested to have some database table in PostgreSQL having dummy data in the backend and I could access it via Tomcat or Globus Container as Web/Grid Service; googling "PostgreSQL with Tomcat" or Globus" doesn't give me any help. Any suggestion in this regard?

Cheers,

-Jan