Re: Quad processor options

From: spied(at)yandex(dot)ru
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Quad processor options
Date: 2004-05-12 05:34:34
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-performance

BM> see my other mail.

BM> We are running Linux, Kernel 2.4. As soon as the next debian version
BM> comes out, I'll happily switch to 2.6 :)

it's very simple to use 2.6 with testing version, but if you like
woody - you can simple install several packets from testing or
backports.org

if you think about perfomance you must use lastest version of
postgresql server - it can be installed from testing or backports.org
too (but postgresql from testing depend from many other testing
packages).

i think if you upgade existing system you can use backports.org for
nevest packages, if you install new - use testing - it can be used
on production servers today