Re: Hash support for grouping sets

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Mark Dilger <hornschnorter(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hash support for grouping sets
Date: 2017-03-08 18:30:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mark> Reviewing the patch a bit more, I find it hard to understand the
Mark> comment about passing -1 as a flag for finalize_aggregates. Any
Mark> chance you can spend a bit more time word-smithing that code
Mark> comment?

>> Sure.
>>
>> How does this look for wording (I'll incorporate it into an updated
>> patch later):

Mark> Much better. Thanks!

Here's a version of the patch that obviates that comment entirely, by
moving the differences between the hashed and sorted cases out to the
separate callers of finalize_aggregates.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Attachment Content-Type Size
gshash24.patch text/x-patch 149.0 KB