Re: segmentation fault in function

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Sergej Galkin <sergej(dot)galkin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: segmentation fault in function
Date: 2010-01-14 10:19:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sergej Galkin <sergej(dot)galkin(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

> I am realizing gist index and get a bug, that crashes DB. I' debugged
> my program as Robert(thanks !) advised me and I know which procedure
> crashed.

Using gdb you should have the line number in the source code and should
be able to look up the variable values. For that you need to use a
custom PostgreSQL build using --with-cassert --enable-debug.

Then report some more details if you still need help.

Also have a look at Gevel to be able to inspect your index :
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/wiki/Gevel

Regards,
--
dim