Adding argument names to aggregate functions

From: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker <ilmari(at)ilmari(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Adding argument names to aggregate functions
Date: 2023-02-27 13:22:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi hackers,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can never remember which way around
the value and delimiter arguments go for string_agg() and has to look it
up in the manual every time. To make it more convenient, here's a patch
that adds proargnames to its pg_proc entries so that it can be seen with
a quick \df in psql.

I also added names to json(b)_object_agg() for good measure, even though
they're more obvious. The remaining built-in multi-argument aggregate
functions are the stats-related ones, where it's all just Y/X (but why
in that order?), so I didn't think it was necessary. If others feel more
strongly, I can add those too.

- ilmari

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-argument-names-to-multi-argument-aggregates.patch text/x-diff 2.2 KB