Re: postgres & ECCN

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres & ECCN
Date: 2006-06-06 17:47:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

rosario(dot)colica(at)ericsson(dot)com ("Rosario Colica \(XX/MCI\)") wrote:
> All,
>
> I am wondering if you can help.
>
> I need to find the ECCN coding for the DB in order to be able to export of our products with the dB included.

People have asked this about Mozilla, with the following answer:

http://www.hecker.org/mozilla/eccn

See also:
http://www.bis.doc.gov/encryption/PubAvailEncSourceCodeNofify.html
http://www.bis.doc.gov/Encryption/EncFAQs6_17_02.html

It would appear that PostgreSQL would be likely to fit into either
ECCN 5A992 or 5D992, as a "mass market encryption product."

Of course, IANAL, so your milage may vary.
--
(format nil "~S(at)~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/