HBA files w/include support?

From: Jerry Sievers <gsievers19(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: HBA files w/include support?
Date: 2014-02-14 02:24:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings Hackers.

I'm aware of how a pg_hba.conf file can refer to other files for
including @lists of users, etc.

But there is currently no support for being able to pull in entire file
segments as can be done for postgresql.conf via the include directive.

In the environment that I'm managing, we are using a makefile to stick
together a common header with a custom section for any of several
clusters and may extend this further to permit additional includes for
hba rules common to groupings of clusters.

Anyway, please advise. I don't recall hearing anything like this
discussed.

Has been proposed, discussed and voted down? Or never mentioned?

Thx

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting