Re: BUG #1222: database owner should have implicit control over public db schema

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "radim kolar" <hsn(at)netmag(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1222: database owner should have implicit control over public db schema
Date: 2004-08-17 19:02:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> Database owner should have implicit control over public schema
> and over all objects in his database as well.

The former is debatable, the latter simply wrong. Make the DB owner a
superuser if you want him to have absolute privileges.

There has been some discussion of causing the public schema to be owned
by the DB owner, but this has not happened yet, partly because we are
not sure of all the consequences.