Re: Problem while updating a foreign table pointing to a partitioned table on foreign server

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem while updating a foreign table pointing to a partitioned table on foreign server
Date: 2018-05-17 21:17:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Can we just add a new junk attr, with its own fixed system column
> number? I think that's what Robert was proposing.

Junk attr yes, "fixed system column number" no. That's not how
junk attrs work. What it'd need is a convention for the name of
these resjunk attrs (corresponding to ctidN, wholerowN, etc).
We do already have tableoidN junk attrs, but by the same token
those should always be local OIDs, or we'll be in for deep
confusion. Maybe "remotetableoidN" ?