RE: slow performance postgres 7.0.3 and odbc

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'juerg(dot)rietmann(at)pup(dot)ch'" <juerg(dot)rietmann(at)pup(dot)ch>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: slow performance postgres 7.0.3 and odbc
Date: 2001-06-15 13:48:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Check that ODBC Tracing is switched off in the ODBC driver manager, and that
the Debug Log (mylog) is switched off in the ODBC driver
(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\odbcinst.ini\PostgreSQL\Debug = 0). The
Commlog option uin the driver could slow things as well but not even
remotely close to the amount the other two logs can slow the system down.

I would also consider getting the latest driver (07.01.0005) from
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/

HTH, Dave.