RE: which odbc driver from ftp

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'mazzo(at)slackmachine(dot)2y(dot)net'" <mazzo(at)slackmachine(dot)2y(dot)net>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: which odbc driver from ftp
Date: 2001-06-06 07:08:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

You should be using 07.01.0005. From
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/odbc/download.html:

From version 07.01.0005, there are 3 distributions to choose from:

Full - The full installation is around 3Mb. This is a zip archive containing
a self extracting .exe file which will install the Microsoft Installer on
you PC, and PsqlODBC. The Microsoft Installer only needs to be installed
once on any machine, and is shipped with Windows 2000 and higher. Users of
pgAdmin should already have the Microsoft Installer as well.

MSI - If you already have the Microsoft Installer then this is the
recommended distribution. It is under 200Kb and is a zip archive containing
as single Installer Database (.msi file). Just double click the file from
Windows Explorer to install it (if Windows doesn't know what to do with it
then you need the Full distribution). The MSI installation may also be
installed from the command line, for example sysadmins may want use a logon
script to automatically (and optionally silently) install on/upgrade to all
the workstations on their network. This installation will automatically
upgrade any previously installed Full or MSI versions of PsqlODBC.

DLL - The DLL distribution is a zip archive of around 100Kb containing the
ODBC Driver DLL file only. This distribution is not recommended as it will
not install the required registry settings on your machine.

Regards, Dave.