RE: Cannot update PGSQL databes via ODBC

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Cannot update PGSQL databes via ODBC
Date: 2000-05-11 08:27:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

In the Datasource options of the ODBC driver, try setting Show Column and
Fake Index under OID Options to 'checked'. This will make VB think that
there is a unique index on every table (the OID is always unique so it's not
far wrong!).

Another 'gotcha' with ADO is that the inclusion of a semi-colon at the end
of a query (as you would use in psql) will make any resultant recordset
read-only eg. (rs = ADO Recordset object, cn = ADO Connection object)

rs.Open "SELECT * FROM pg_class;", cn

will create a read-only recordset whereas:

rs.Open "SELECT * FROM pg_class", cn

won't. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dave.

--
NASA uses Windows? Oh great. If Apollo 13 went off course today
the manual would just tell them to open the airlock, flush the astronauts