: PostgreSQL DBA with Strong Tuning and Optimization skills

From: Adam Stillman <AStillman(at)eliassen(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: : PostgreSQL DBA with Strong Tuning and Optimization skills
Date: 2012-03-29 19:33:00
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Would you know of anybody for this long term contract role in Boston? This is with our best client (long term contracts, easy going, they are in the financial services space. Contract has long term potential:

Senior Database Administrator needed to augment a team of DBAs currently supporting Oracle and Sybase/SQL Server. This resource would bring expertise with PostgreSQL and, ideally, Greenplum. There is an initiative to migrate data from Oracle to the PostgreSQL opensource platform and use Greenplum as part of an overall data management solution. Proven ability to optimize database performance in Postgres is a must. They need someone who can take advantage of the massively parallel processing capabilities of Postgres (and ultimately, Greenplum). Simply setting up databases in Postgres the same way they are done in Oracle is not sufficient; they are looking to take advantage of the performace improvements that are available with Postgres. Some architecture experience will help.

This team is responsible for administrative and operational support in a 24/7 operation.
Maintenance tasks are usually performed after hours or on weekends. There are some development tasks as well. Responsibilities also include rotating on call support, but there is limited off hours activity.

Must be able to hit the ground running as a proven database administrator that requires very little supervision. Oracle PL/SQL experience will be useful for migration purposes. Financial Services industry experience is a plus.

Please let me know if you are interested or know of anybody. We offer a $500 referral fee.

Thank you,

Adam Stillman
Technical Recruiter/Team Lead

Eliassen Group
30 Audubon Road, Wakefield, MA 01880
T: 781.246.1600 ext.8128 F: 781.213.8128
astillman(at)eliassen(dot)com<mailto:astillman(at)eliassen(dot)com>
www.eliassen.com<http://www.eliassen.com/>

LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/adamstillmantechrecruiter<http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamstillmantechrecruiter>