Re: About db session time-out while uploading data to database

From: ☆Pumu :-D ☆ <paricharts(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About db session time-out while uploading data to database
Date: 2008-03-21 06:58:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your reply.

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> "=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCIXkbKEJQdW11IDotRCAbJEIheRsoQiA=?=" <
> paricharts(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > I have a fuction that uploading data.
> > if DB session time-out has happen while data is uploading,
> > I wonder that data in my database have been rollback or not.
>
> You are not very clear about what you mean by "uploading", but in
> general a PG backend will never commit a command that it hasn't fully
> received from the client.
>
> regards, tom lane

my file-upload function is run on a web and connect to postgreSQL database.
While this upload function was uploading data to database,its web page turn
to display "
The page cannot be displayedThe page you are looking for is currently
unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or
you may need to adjust your browser settings. "
( I think one of this event 's cause is DB access time out )

regards,
parichart