Re: [HACKERS] Load distributed checkpoint

From: "Inaam Rana" <inaamrana(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "ITAGAKI Takahiro" <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Load distributed checkpoint
Date: 2007-02-27 06:37:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On 2/26/07, ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > Can I have a copy of the patch to add to the Sun testing queue?
>
> This is the revised version of the patch. Delay factors in checkpoints
> can be specified by checkpoint_write_percent, checkpoint_nap_percent
> and checkpoint_sync_percent. They are relative to checkpoint_timeout.
>
> Also, checking of archive_timeout during checkpoints and some error
> handling routines were added.

One of the issues we had during testing with original patch was db stop not
working properly. I think you coded something to do a stop checkpoint in
immediately but if a checkpoint is already in progress at that time, it
would take its own time to complete.
Does this patch resolve that issue? Also, is it based on pg82stable or HEAD?

regards,
inaam

Regards,
> ---