Bug in AbstractJdbc2BlobClob

From: SJ Kissane <skissane(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug in AbstractJdbc2BlobClob
Date: 2010-01-15 01:27:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi everyone

I'm using JDBC4 Postgresql Driver, Version 8.4-701.

Using pgJDBC, if you call clob.truncate(0) to truncate a clob to
zero-length, you get a "org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: LOB positioning
offsets start at 1".
This is spurious -- the argument to truncate is not a position offset, its a
length. So although position offsets must start at 1, lengths can start at
0.
I see there is a call to assertPosition(len) -- that needs to go, maybe
replace with a new assertLength(len)?

(I am not on list so please reply direct; I hope this gets through to you
though...)

Cheers
Simon