How do I determine my data dir for a created database for pg_ctl?

From: "Matthew Pettis" <matthew(dot)pettis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How do I determine my data dir for a created database for pg_ctl?
Date: 2008-08-20 05:33:02
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

Hi,

I have a database I can psql into... How can I determine what its
absolute path is so I can use pg_ctl on it to restart it? Because
when I use pg_ctl, it tells me I have to provide it in the -D flag as
an argument.

Thanks,
matt

--
It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places that we are
broken that we come to repair the world.