Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?

From: "Swaminathan Saikumar" <swami(at)giveexam(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?
Date: 2008-01-30 23:11:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I'm new to PostGreSql.

http://searchyourwebhost.com/web-hosting/articles/insight-database-hosting-using-sql

Check out the link. I am starting out on a new personal project & had zeroed
in on PostGreSql with Mono-ASP.NET as ideal for my needs, mainly owing to a
PostGreSql whitepaper.
Now, I chanced upon the article above. I've pasted the cons as mentioned in
the article, and would like the community feedback on it, especially with
regards to the "inferior Data Storage mechanism".

The cons of PostgreSql Hosting
* Performance considerations: Inserts and Updates into the PostgreSql
database is much slower compared to MySql. PostgreSql hosting thus might
slow down the display of the web page online.
* BSD license issues: Since PostgreSql comes under the Berkeley license
scheme, this is again considered to be too open.
* Availability of inferior Data Storage mechanism: PostgreSql uses Postgres
storage system, which is not considered to be transaction sae during
PostgreSql hosting.
* Its not far-flung: While MySql hosting and MSSql hosting have deeply
penetrated into the market, PostgreSql hosting still remains to be passive
in the database hosting market.
* Non-availability of required assistance for PostgreSql hosting: Assistance
is being provided via mailing lists. However there is no guarantee that the
issue faced during PostgreSql hosting would be resolved.

Thanks!