R: Re: postgres user password: Log on failure

From: "dario(dot)ber(at)libero(dot)it" <dario(dot)ber(at)libero(dot)it>
To: <vibhor(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Igor Neyman <ineyman(at)perceptron(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: R: Re: postgres user password: Log on failure
Date: 2010-06-29 07:37:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi guys,

Thanks for taking time to reply.

- Despite what the error message says, the user postgres doesn't have
administrator privileges (and I don't see why these would change by retyping
the password).
- In Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Manager -> Users ->
postgres I see that postgres is member of the 'Users' group and its password
never expires.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here...

Dario