First article in France about PostgreSQL v8

From: Francois Suter <dba(at)paragraf(dot)ch>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: First article in France about PostgreSQL v8
Date: 2005-01-10 09:17:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi all,

As announced last week, I was already contacted about the upcoming
release. The journalist didn't want to wait because he was going to
publish this weekend. It's now done. It's in French, but here is for
the record:

http://www.itrmanager.com/article.php?oid=34636

It's pretty nice since it the title says that the article is about Open
Source DBMS, but the article has about 8 paragraphs about PostgreSQL
and only 3 about MySQL 5 :-) In particular, the journalist kept my
remarks about the more restrictive license used by MySQL.

Now the journalist had a question I wasn't able to answer and I think
would be a nice addition to the press FAQ collected by Josh: what large
(i.e. reknowned) applications support PostgreSQL in fields such as ERP,
CRM, CMS, etc.? And the journalist didn't mean more Open Source stuff,
but commercial applications. I suppose he was looking for signs of
respectability...

By the way, what is it exactly that Hyperic's software does? I coulnd't
get past the marketese stuff on their web site (please, Hyperic guys on
the list, don't take offence).

Cheers

Francois

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/

"If it's not from me, it's from Confucius" - Lao Tse