Re: Postgres database as a client/server architecture

From: Montaseri <montaseri(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Rich <rhdyes(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Mohammed Rashid" <mail4rashid(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres database as a client/server architecture
Date: 2008-10-06 18:34:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'd say, don't overwhelm the original ask-er. Let him explain this problem
statement again.
So far we know he wants a client server.
Rashid,
Do you want thin client (like web based) or thick like X11 or Java or VB
client?
Do you want the data processing be on the server (more reliable but
slower), or do you want some of the processing on the client (faster but
more complex)?

Medi